Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Tuition fees, scholarships and residence permit

Students who are citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are generally required to pay application and tuition fees of SEK 200 000 (20 500 Euro) per year.


Please find more information about tuition fees & payment and how to apply on the link below. Here you also find information about living costs, residence permit, scholarships and funding for US, Canada and UK students. And a lot of more useful information about student life in Sweden.

Lund University International Prospectus

Lund University Global Scholarship

The Lund University Global Scholarship is an academic excellence award targeting top students from all countries outside the EU/EEA. Students who have made a complete application for a degree programme are invited to apply for this tuition scholarship after the admissions application period has closed.

Signe and Edvin Malmqvist's scholarships

Scholarships at Malmö Academy of Music are mainly for registered students. However, woodwind students applying to Malmö Academy of Music have the opportunity to apply for Signe and Edvin Malmqvist's scholarship. Information and application form will be available during auditions. Decicion about who will receive the grants is made in September. First year students are prioritised in order to stimulate the number of applicants to the Academy of Music in Malmö. The sum has been around 20.000–40.000 SEK/student each year.


Page Manager:


Lena Arstam

Lena Arstam
International Coordinator
International Office
Malmö Academy of Music
 +46 (0)40-32 54 67
international [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se